(Full-Time) Freelance Writer, Online Content Developer, and Strategy Consultant
October 2011 – Present
- Write and develop creative for: articles, print ads, advertorials, video, radio, newsletters, search engine-friendly web content, blogs, e-mail marketing, etc.
- Help clients to develop online content strategies and material.
- Assist agencies in drafting strategy proposals, RFP responses, and project documents for clients.
- Provide marketing guidance, creative concept development, and production coordination for small businesses.
Senior Copywriter/Client Advocate, Designworks Advertising
May 2011 – October 2011
- Wrote and edited advertising copy, press releases and search-engine friendly web content. Distributed creative materials to various media venues.
- Developed creative concepts for advertising campaigns.
- Developed and presented strategy proposals for existing and prospective clients, integrating conventional and new media.
- Provided leadership for accounts to meet goals and performance objectives.
- Provided guidance to clients for their online marketing strategy.
Account Creative/ Web Project Manager, MPW Marketing
November 2007 – April 2011
- Worked directly with clients and conducted research to assess competition, opportunities and needs.
- Led the MPW creative services team in writing and concept development.
- Developed, wrote, formatted and published web content according to current SEO best practices using various content management systems and social media management platforms.
- Edited written and graphic materials for brand consistency and according to Associated Press style.
- Managed production of advertising materials for various media, including print, video, radio, web, mobile, social and search.
- Researched, developed and presented strategy proposals to existing and prospective clients, integrating conventional and new media to achieve the most bang for each customer’s budget.
- Managed numerous vendors and timelines, achieving high-quality work in a timely manner.
- Managed the MPW web team, ensuring projects stayed on timeline and within budget.
- Implemented numerous social media, blog, and search engine marketing campaigns designed to drive web traffic and user conversion, promote interaction, and create top-of-mind awareness.
- Tracked ROI and analyzed and reported digital metrics to gauge effectiveness of web efforts.
- Designed numerous marketing plans that achieved desired results for clients.
- Won 19 Readex awards for “Most Remembered Ad” in a national trade publication.
- Independently researched and developed company branding process.
- Developed a new briefing system to assess client needs.
- Built an internal database of actors to avoid agency costs, resulting in significant production savings for MPW.
- Developed a website production management process to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and with required
scope and quality.
- Helped several clients to increase web traffic, promote their brands online and train their employees to effectively use social media.
(Part Time) Freelance Writer & Marketing/PR Strategist
October 2009 – Present
Consulted clients on strategies to improve response, reach, recognition, and search engine optimization – without increasing their budgets. Performed writing, editing and creative concept development services. Provided full-service marketing solutions for clients by coordinating all aspects of planning, production and distribution. Developed positive working relationships with an extensive network of service providers. Clients included large corporations, small businesses, non-profits, advertising agencies and other freelancers.
Graduate Student & Teaching Assistant, Syracuse University
September 2005-December 2007
Studied international political communications and identity as a doctoral student at the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs. Lectured university students 2-3 times per week. Was awarded full tuition and a summer research fellowship. Elected department Social Chair, in charge of internal event planning, coordination and communication.
M.A., Political Science, Syracuse University December 2007
Accepted admission into Ph.D. program and awarded full tuition.
Awarded a summer research fellowship.
Areas of interest: political communications, constructivism & politics of identity, political psychology, cognitive mapping & linguistics.
Case studies: Sino-US foreign policy & the Oneida Indian Nation.
B.A., History & Psychology, Utica College May 2006
Graduated summa cum laude with a 3.97 G.P.A.
Inducted into Phi Alpha Theta national honors society.
Published a research paper on the Civilian Conservation Corps in the history journal The Historian.